Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Winning Family


Apparently, we didn't blow our dog interview. The owner called last night and tearfully told me that the dog was ours. Today, we picked up Venus (not too sure about the name, but B says we need to keep it so she's Venus for now) and she's spent the last two hours seemlessly transitioning to our family.

We can't believe how docile and sweet she is. I truly believe that this dog found us at a great time. B has been following her around and treating her like a new friend.

The owner cried as she told Venus goodbye and packed her into the car with us. I was sad to be taking Venus from such a good family setting but we're all feeling pretty blessed to have her here!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Congrats!! I bet those two will be friends for a long time. Kudos to you. My kids are dying for a dog and my answer is MOST DEFINITELY NOT!

She looks sweet. Why was the owner giving her up?

Kari said...

That is FANTASTIC! Congratulations!!! She looks like a total sweetheart, and you are going to be so, so happy with her.

You are right, sometimes, some things are just meant to be. Venus needed you guys, and you need her.

So happy for you!!!