Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Three in One

Life has been nothing short of a blur lately. In the space of seven days, my family packed in three big events.

The first: My sister's wedding in Columbus, Indiana. Check.

The second: Thanksgiving and a three day stay at my sister and her husband's home in the Bay Area with a day-long trip to the Chabot Science Center. Check. Check.

The third: Our annual holiday tradition of Trans-Siberian Orchestra and dinner. This was our fifth year going; and it was Ben's first. He lasted for the first two hours of the three hour show before falling asleep on my lap. Dinner this year was at Mulvaney's; one of Sacramento's finest dining establishments. You know it's a nice place when there isn't a kids menu available (the chef fried all natural, organic chicken breasts for Ben) and when the bill is more than your weekly paycheck (thanks Dad!).

Saturday to Saturday, we packed in a lot of family time and travel time and I won't even mention how much food was consumed! Fortunately, we had no drama, no insults, no antagonizing, no offensive behavior - zip, zero, nada. Whew. Thank you, God.

The next post will be my 100th! To commemorate a year plus of blogging, I'm going to dedicate the post to my lovely, newly betrothed sister and tell you all about her wedding. Pictures too!